Is this volunteering role right for me?
- As a Puppy Parent volunteer, you look after one of our puppies in your own home. Placed with you aged about 8 weeks, the puppy lives with you for around 14 months. You will need to be able to offer time to dedicate to the training and care of the puppy throughout its time living with you.
- You must be aged over 18, with the stamina and ability to manage an active puppy.
- You need suitable housing with secure, outdoor space for toileting (preferably gravel or paved) and have suitable transport to take the puppy to different places for socialising and training.
- You will need to be available be available for home visits, able to attend training at our puppy classes and committed to following Canine Partners’ training methods.
- Previous dog training experience isn’t necessary but experience with dogs is an advantage, along with good communication skills.
Back to/more about being a puppy parent.