Our canine partners are trained to deal with all types of situations, from everyday chores to emergencies. ... read more
Applying for a canine partner
We are currently closed to new applications
Thank you for your interest in applying for a canine partner. Due to ongoing high demand for our assistance dogs, we will be opening to new applications at set times throughout the year. We are not currently accepting new applications at this time and any applications received outside of the opening times will not be considered.
Current update regarding coronavirus (COVID-19):
In these unprecedented times the care of our partners, dogs, volunteers, staff and supporters is our top priority. In response to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we are continuing to monitor the situation closely, reviewing developments and the latest government and health authority’s advice. Please see Canine Partners’ latest statement on coronavirus here for more details.
In regards to applications for a canine partner, we will still re-open to new applications in future and advise that you keep an eye on this page for any updates.
- If you are interested in applying for a canine partner, we would still welcome you to send us any enquiries or questions to email@example.com or call 01530 225942
- If you are an applicant currently going through assessment, we will be communicating with you all directly to keep you updated. If you have any queries about your application in the meantime, please contact us directly or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01530 225942
We would ask for your patience when trying to contact us given these exceptional circumstances and potential for high enquiries and lowered staff numbers at times.
We will be keeping this page updated with details about when and where we will be re-opening to new applications in the future. In the meantime, please find some useful information below about the application process to prepare for when we do re-open.
Information you need to provide
The information you will need to provide to make a first stage application for a canine partner will appear on this page prior to the next opening date. This is to ensure that you have enough time to check your eligibility and prepare for making your first stage application.
NOTE: Any applications received outside of the opening times will not be considered.
Understanding the application process
1) Eligibility Criteria
- Check your eligibility to apply.
2) Applicant Guide
- All you need to know about the process.
3) Applicant Process Flowchart
- The stages of the application and assessment process.
Our amazing dogs
Find out more about what our amazing dogs can do.