Facts and Figures
Our latest figures – July 2023
- We have over 345 working partnerships across the UK.
- We have created a total of 950 partnerships since we were founded in 1990.
- We currently have 93 applicants on our waiting list.
Read more about applying for a canine partner here.
- We have 58 puppies out with Puppy Parent volunteers and 14 dogs in advanced training at our National Training Centre in Leicestershire.
- We have 9 broods and currently, 90% of puppies placed with puppy parents are bred by Canine Partners, the remaining are from other ADUK charities.
- Our current withdrawal rate is 15%.
- We have a total of 8 dual dogs (4 dual guide dogs and 4 dual hearing dogs) across the UK.
- It costs £30,000 to create and support a partnership, from puppy recruitment to retirement at approximately 12 years of age.
- We receive no government funding and rely on donations from the public, businesses and charitable trusts and legacies.
- We are accredited members of Assistance Dogs UK and Assistance Dogs International.
How your money is spent