Our latest statement
Updated statement at Monday 19 July 2021
Please be reassured that our highest priority continues to be the welfare and safety of our staff, volunteers, service users, dogs and donors. We remain committed to our charitable purpose and whilst we have no option but to slowly resume activities in the coming months in line with the Government’s road map, we will return to being fully operational as soon as it is safe to do so.
With effect from Monday 19 July:
- Teams will continue working from home wherever possible, however more staff members will be able to work in our offices where it is essential to do so in line with our Health and Safety guidelines
- All visits must continue to be arranged in advance
- Volunteers will be able to join staff members at the Training Centres to support with essential activities, however this must be arranged in advance and will follow a ‘Return to work’ session with their point of contact
- The Fundraising Team will to support community events where possible
- Operational activities will increase both indoors and outdoors, including training more than one partner on site at a time at our training centres
- The breeding programme continues with a view to increasing numbers by the end of the year
- Advanced training will increase at both our Training Centres and the Advanced Training Teams will begin to work together on site
- Onsite training courses with partnerships will continue as part of a new phased training model, including a mix of onsite and domiciliary training
We remain confident that as with restrictions easing we will be able to start increasing the impact we can deliver once again, but we will still continually review our activities and will respond to changes in the external environment and government restrictions as needed.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
Please support our appeal this spring. A donation today will mean continued support for our partnerships in these most difficult times. And extra funds will help to train the amazing dogs of the future, so they are able to support their partner, whatever challenges may lie ahead. Thank you.
Click here to help us fund more stay-at-home heroes.