Our latest statement
Updated statement at Wednesday 6 January 2021
Following the government announcement of a third lockdown in England as well as lockdowns in Scotland and Wales, please be reassured that our highest priority continues to be the welfare and safety of our staff, volunteers, service users, dogs and donors. We remain committed to our charitable purpose and whilst we have no option but to slow down or pause some of our planned activities once again, we will resume as soon as it is safe to do so.
With effect from Wednesday 6 January:
- Our on-site training courses with partnerships will not be resumed until it is safe to do so and this is now likely to be in the spring
- Home visits to partnerships and puppies will only be carried out where absolutely essential, and remote support will be provided in the first instance
- Advanced training will continue at both our training centres with reduced staff numbers following now established Covid-19 Secure protocols
- We are putting plans in place to restart our breeding programme
- New Applicant Assessments in person will stop until restrictions are lifted
- All face to face events continue to be postponed
- Teams will continue working from home wherever possible; the training centres will still be open for essential activities that cannot be done remotely, but all visits must be arranged in advance
The decisions above are all in place until 15 February 2021, in line with the current Government timeframes. We remain confident that as we approach the spring we will be able to start increasing the impact we can deliver once again, but in the meantime we will continually review our activities and will respond to changes in the external environment and government restrictions as needed.
Thank you for your ongoing support during these difficult times.
We need your support now more than ever before to make sure we can continue to provide our life-changing services to adults with physical disabilities. Your contribution, however small, will go a long way. Thank you.
Click here to Make a Difference