Our latest statements, decisions and actions following Covid-19
Updated statement at Monday 13 July 2020
Canine Partners has been carefully planning how we can safely re-establish operations at our Southern and Midlands Training Centres and in communities throughout the UK, in line with government guidelines.
We will be implementing a phased plan starting in mid-July 2020, which we will roll out over the next few months.
The safety and welfare of our staff, partners, applicants, volunteers and visitors remains our top priority at all times.
To ensure this, we have carried out risk assessments to minimise or mitigate any known risks, which will be reviewed and updated as government guidelines change, but before we implement plans. We will:
- Limit numbers of staff in Training Centres to ensure social distancing can be maintained
- Increase cleaning regimes in all areas, including the kennels
- Limit visits to homes to emergency support and the transfer of dogs in training with social distancing and cleaning procedures in place
- Ensure all our training protocols reflect the latest government guidelines
- Ensure all other staff members will continue to either work from home or remain on furlough leave
We would kindly request that volunteers, partners, applicants, supporters and any other visitors do not visit either of the Training Centres in the interests of keeping everyone safe, unless by appointment with a member of staff, made in advance
Earlier decisions that still remain:
- We have postponed all our on-site training courses until further notice
- The Advanced Training and Dog Welfare Teams continue to advise our volunteers on continued training, welfare and health matters for our dogs by providing them with training programmes to follow and giving regular support via telephone and video conferencing
- All face to face visits by our Aftercare staff are postponed, with support to our Partnerships being given by telephone and video conferencing to advise on training and welfare
We will continue to work closely and review the situation with the other AD(UK) assistance dog charities.
Please bear with us as we move forward with our plans. Our absolute priority is keeping everyone, including our dogs, safe.
We know there will be many challenges ahead but we remain committed to the passionate people and amazing dogs that make our vision a reality. We look forward to seeing everyone who works with, or supports, Canine Partners as soon as we possibly can.
We will update this page and our social media platforms whenever we have any further news to share. If you have any questions please get in touch with your named Canine Partners contact in the first instance or otherwise, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please continue to follow the public health advice to help prevent coronavirus spreading. You can find up to date information about Covid-19 on the NHS website www.nhs.uk
Thank you for your continued support through these challenging and uncertain times.
Comfort in crisis: Leading animal organisations unite to support pets and owners through Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The UK’s best-loved national pet charities and experts, including Canine Partners, have joined forces to offer advice to help owners care for their animals and each other.
The coalition is concerned about conflicting and poor information which is leaving owners confused and anxious and animals potentially at risk.
Please see the graphic below, which gives tips and advice on how to look after your pets while you protect yourself.
Please ensure you contact your named person at Canine Partners directly before making any arrangements or if you have any concerns.