Join our Big Wag For The Big Give
We did it! We exceeded our The Big Give Christmas Challenge 2018 target!
When The Big Give ended at midday on Tuesday 4 December 2018 we had raised an amazing £108,332!
£108,332 will make a significant difference to our work. We plan to use the money to:
- Source, train and place enough dogs to reduce our waiting list so that we can reopen it to allow for new applications. Find out more about our amazing dogs.
- Invest in the further development of our in-house breeding programme, recruiting more Brood Bitch Holders to care for our canine partner mums and help raise the next generation of assistance dogs.
- Increase the pass rate of our dogs by providing further training to our volunteer puppy walkers.
- Complete the kennel facilities at our Midlands Training Centre, in turn allowing for the training and placement of more dogs to support clients in the Midlands and North.
What is The Big Give Christmas Challenge?
Between midday, Tuesday 27 November and midday Tuesday 4 December 2018, any donations made online via The Big Give will be DOUBLED until we reach our fundraising target.
This means your generosity will go even further in our mission to transform the lives of people living with disabilities, by matching them with an amazing assistance dog.
During The Big Give Christmas Challenge, we will be encouraging all of our supporters to spread the word so that we can raise as much money as possible to reach our aims.
Help us to spread the word by sharing your #TheBigWag for The Big Give!
This year, to help promote the campaign far and wide we are inviting you to share your #TheBigWag to raise awareness of The Big Give Christmas Challenge!
Leading up to, and during the Challenge, we are encouraging supporters to tell their friends and family that their donation will be DOUBLED for a limited time if they take part.
All you need to do is:
- Record a short video clip of your dog wagging their tail!
- Share the video on your social media channels using #TheBigWag, tag Canine Partners and include the link caninepartners.org.uk/TheBigWag to find out more
- Encourage your friends and family to do the same!
Here is an example post you can use when sharing your video:
I am sharing a #TheBigWag to raise awareness of Canine Partners who are taking part in The Big Give #ChristmasChallenge18. Visit caninepartners.org.uk/TheBigWag to find out how you can help raise life-transforming funds to train more amazing dogs! ?
Thank you for supporting this campaign and spreading it as far and wide as possible! Stay tuned to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to be updated with the campaign’s progress as we strive to reach and maybe even exceed our target!